The Laundry Mat on 17th and Brown

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #6867 by Webmaster
Jacob will let Rufus get a few steps away before replying just so he can say his response louder.

"I knew that. I just wanted to hear you acknowledge that you need me. You complete me too Rufus Bronson! Bromance of all bromances right here!"

Racheal holds the bridge of her nose with her index finger and thumb as she slightly shakes her head.

"Are you done?"

Jacob begins to speak again before being cut off by Racheal in her 'Mom Voice'.

"No. It's time to go."

Jacob will stop short and take one more check of the area before leaving the laundromat and heading on to the car where he opens the passenger side door for Racheal and closes it after she sits down. He then heads over to the driver side, gets in, starts the car, and turns on the radio. Classic 80s Rock'n'roll.

"You hungry? Was gonna stop for lunch on the way."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #6868 by greatone
Rufus leans forward from the back seat, “ listen up kid, I’m not real happy about this situation but you’re all I got ok. The other day, You didn’t know that bartender was like us, you could have gotten her killed. You have to be smart or the wrong people are going to get dead. I don’t know why we are like this but fuck us we are so let’s just stay focused.” Rufus hold up his hand “ rule #1 think before you act, no kicking the door down guns blazing. Rule #2 know your enemy. we find what this thing is and if he has friends. Does he have a weakness. #3 the less they know about us the better, don’t let them know we can see them. Surprise seems to be one of the only advantage have.” Rufus sits back and takes a drink from his flask.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #6869 by Webmaster
Jacobs brow furls and his grip on the steering wheel tightens.

"I only kick in the door guns blazing when I know I have a weapon on me that will do decent enough damage to the fucker. You make it sound like you've been doing this shit for so much longer than the rest of us, but you and I both know yer just as fuckin' green as we are. Get off yer damn high horse before people begin to think you're more trouble than you're worth. Gotta be able to trust the sons of bitches by your side during a firefight. I'll assume you're trust worthy until you start showing me otherwise. Keep talking to me like I'm some little bitch and I'll start thinking otherwise, ok?"

Racheal quickly interjects before Jacob can get finish taking a breath.

"So, is Krystals ok with you, Mr. Bronson? That's what we typically grab when we're going information gathering."

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #6870 by greatone
Rufus, leans back in the seat. Lighting up another cigarette he takes a long drag, “ kid, Ive been looking at evil for over 40 years. Murderers, rapists, sociopaths and psychos. Evil is evil, they are all monsters. “ he takes another puff ,” the only leverage we have is being unknown. We know he’s some kind of monster, we know he has some ability to control people, we know he can move around without drawing attention in a crowded bar. He doesn’t even know we exist. Their is a time and place for kicking in the door kid, just got to know when that is. You got no fear, that’s a strength and a weakness. And yeah crystals is fine.”

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #6871 by Webmaster
Both Racheal and Jacob speak at the same time.

"No smoking in the car."

Soon the car pulls up to the Krystal's drive-thru. Jacob rolls down his window and leans out to speak into the speaker/mic.

"Yeah, I'll take 3 bags of Krystals, 1 Large Diet Coke, 1 Large Dr. Pepper, & some Ensure for my friend in the back seat here."

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #6872 by greatone
Rufus will take one more drag before rolling down the window and throwing it out.
He will wait in the back while they eat.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #6873 by Webmaster
Once he gets to the window he’ll chuckle with the guy at the window.

“Yeah, make it a Senior Coffee please.”

He then drives to the next window and gets the food. He’ll pass back a bag of Krystal’s and the Senior Coffee to Rufus.

He’ll park across the street and settle in for the stakeout. Racheal will pull out the compact binoculars from the glove box.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #6874 by greatone
When they pull up what do they see around the house on the outside?
Is the mailbox full?
Newspapers on the porch?
Is it an apartment or house?

More
1 week 6 days ago #6875 by Honesty
You find yourself in what used to be the up an coming part of the city, about 20 years ago. Now the homes are heavily weathered and seem to have a slight lean to them. The houses share a narrow side walk between them and there is enough space in front of each house to park 1 SUV, which is currently empty, and no foot prints appear in the rain where a car might have been. The front porch has an over hang with a yellowed light glowing on it. There is one light in the window infront of the drive way. There is a second floor with a small covered deck with two weathered whicker chairs on it. The mail appears to be slipped through the front door. As you watch, you will notice the blinds near the bottom of the window on the first floor will shift for a moment as if something moved them from inside.

More
1 week 6 days ago #6876 by greatone
“ ok, “ Rufus pulls out his flask, “ you’re up Rachel, go knock on the door. Tell them you’re looking for your old college girlfriend. You just got to town and you’re looking her up. Call Jacob’s phone and stick it in your pocket so we can hear the conversation. Put it on vibrate just in case. If you get in try to describe what you see, don’t be questioning, It looks suspicious. “ he offers her the flask.

More
1 week 3 days ago #6877 by Webmaster
She’ll politely refuse the flask and smile as she gets out of the car.

“Thanks for the advice, but this isn’t my first rodeo either.”

She looks at Jacob. “Leprechaun.”

Jacob nods and puts his phone on the dash so it can be heard easier and he puts the mic on mute.

Racheal heads on to the door and knocks politely. Jacob keeps an eye out using the range finder from earlier. He gives the binoculars to Rufus.

More
6 days 10 hours ago #6878 by Honesty
Rachel can hear movement inside briefly when she knocks. After her second attempt she will hear a chain lock slide into position before the door cracks open. When she looks down she will see a rather disheveled young boy looking up at her. A quick guess would put him at about 5 years old.

More
6 days 5 hours ago #6879 by Webmaster
Racheal will take a small step back to give the boy some space.

Don't want the boy to feel crowded.

"Hello.  Is your Mother home?"

More
6 days 4 hours ago #6880 by Honesty
The boy shakes his head.
"She said she had to work. Who are you?"

More
6 days 4 hours ago #6881 by Webmaster
"My name's Racheal. What's you name?"

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds