Login

Beacon of hope , the hospital visit

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6087 by Derek Barefoot
Connor awakens as normal. his walls adorn with posters of mind craft, shelf's lined with trophies from little league, before his cancer got bad. He makes his way down stairs to find his father leaving for work , " hey sport , going to the office be home later." Coming over and giving him a hug. Then slowly pulling back, a slight look of sadness. Connor seeing this teaches out and holds his hand. " He is still here, Connor loves you very much. He is a very special boy. Lucky to have you as a Father." Smiling as he releases his grip. The father wiping away a single tear then smiling before turning to leave. 
when the door shuts Connor will head for the kitchen, finding his mother, " Good morning mother" 
she turnswith a smile ," good morning, pancakes?" 
connor, " yes please." As she slides a plate of 3 hot cakes his way.  
Connor bows his head, 
" great creator, thank you for this meal, for Connor and his family. The sacrifice they are making so your work may be done. Give them peace and understanding. Amen " 

Mom " he really won't age?"
C  chewing a mouthful of deliciousness, " nope, no he will not" Connor lays the fork down and swallows. " he is very inquisitive. He asks me questions all the time. He's smart, when I leave he will be strong, healthy, and happy. You will be a family, you are still a family. And I will always watch over him." Offering her a smile before continuing to eat. 
mom , " I'll just watch you if that's ok." 
mince finished Connor will wash his plate and get a shower. Wishing his mom a good day he goes outside to find Susan waiting in her yellow liberty cab. 
" good morning Connor, soup kitchen open in an hour plenty of time. 
C : " good morning Susan" as he climbs in the back. 
they pull off heading to the 18th street soup kitchen. Connor volunteers there on Tuesday's. 
But this morning was different, as they pass the general memorial hospital connor feels an odd tug as he glances that way. " Susan, you can drop me off here." 
she pulls over and obliges him. 
The hospital is big, he's been here before, when they were doing tests on him. But this was not the hospital where he found Connor. Entering the lobby he looks for the directory board. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6089 by Honesty
The lobby has a large display of the board, Deans of medicine, and several photographs cover the walls with person of importance with in the hospital. The staff seemed to be stressed today, but you can't tell why from here.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #6094 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will mill around in the lobby for a few minutes, watching and listening before approaching the front desk, “ excuse me ma’am, can you please direct me to the chapel.” He says with a smile
cha + expression 10,7,1 ,5, 8,8,7,2,5,4
if difficulty is standard 6 then with merits the DC would go to 1. ?‍♂️ 
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Derek Barefoot.

More
2 months 1 week ago #6095 by Honesty
The nurse will smile warmly. "Of course young man, It's just down the hall, past those double doors. You will see the sign for the chapel." The woman will motion with her hand while giving you directions.

Presuming you go there:
Through the double doors you can see stuff are moving quickly, speaking mostly in shortened code, barking orders, and directing staff to various rooms or charts. The sign for the chapel is small and simple, hanging above a basic double door.

Inside the chapel are several rows of old donated pews, a prayer bar at the front, a podium with no one standing at it, and several common religious symbols decorate a table behind it. In the most east ward corner, behind a privacy screen are some prayer rugs.

There are a few individuals inside on the pews, some bent in prayer, others simply sitting and staring ahead in silence. The room echoes and has a fairly hollow vibe to it.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #6100 by Derek Barefoot
Connor slowly walks down the aisle glancing left and right as he goes. Pausing before stepping g up onto the Dias and around the podium. Placing both hands on the sides and closing his eyes briefly and taking a deep breath. He opens his eyes and smiles,
“ when I woke up this morning I had no plans to be standing here.... ( he will be doing pauses for dramatic effect )
I had other places to be other people to see... but here I stand,” glancing up and around. “ in this place with you. We find ourselves on paths we did not expect, going through things we did not for see.... but that is the soil from which Faith blossoms. Where belief is tested, where free will shines, and love triumphs. You are all here because of love. Love for a father, mother, brother, sister.... a child. As you love them the creator loves you... the angels... love you.” Exhaling slowly he walks around the podium. “ let us lift up your prayers together, so that they may sound as a trumpet in the sky.” Connor will begin in the front working his way around calling on everyone in the room. “ you sir, who are you here for and why .?”
( Connor wants to know the condition of the loved ones ) 

cha + exp not sure what DC is but apply - 5 on DC 
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Derek Barefoot.

More
2 months 1 week ago #6102 by Honesty
You can sense that most of the people here are not wanting to be bothered despite that fact most will answer.

"We are here for our son, they say he wont make it but we cant be with him."

"We are here for our 2 daughters, they are in surgery."

"I'm here for my mother, she had a stroke"

One particularly surly gentleman in the back.. "Don't you watch the news kid... there's 18 kids here dieing...leave these people be."

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #6112 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will nod, “ I apologize for any feelings of uncomfortably. It was not my intention” raising his hand and closing his eyes he offers a silent prayer. Producing another smile and Boeing of the head he exits off the Dias and makes his way down the aisle stopping by the family with the son, “ do not lose hope, I would like to pray for your son if that’s ok? What is his name?”
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Derek Barefoot.

More
2 months 1 week ago #6113 by Honesty
The mother will look at you a moment and then nod, "Isaiah Watts.. Thank you."

More
2 months 1 week ago #6115 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will touch her shoulder then move down the aisle to the older man. Sliding his way into the pew before sitting beside him. Not too close but enough whispers between the two could be made. Still facing the front Connor leans over slightly and whispers, “ I didn’t watch the news this morning. Could you help me? Was it some kind of accident? “

More
2 months 1 week ago #6116 by Honesty
The grumpy man is clearly pained, using anger to cover his more raw emotions. "A school bus crashed off I-15, landed on the westbound side of 589..."

Now that you're closer you can see the collar of the man's uniform being covered by a large coat, he must be an off duty police officer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek Barefoot

More
2 months 1 week ago #6117 by Derek Barefoot
“ oh I see, do you know someone from the bus?” Connor whispers while pulling a small piece of paper out from the back of the pew in front of him.

More
2 months 1 week ago #6118 by Honesty
The man shakes his head. "No, but I was there, my partner and I were just walking back to the car from Chic-fil-a when we saw it go over..."

More
2 months 1 week ago #6119 by Derek Barefoot
Continuing to fold the paper,” have you been a police officer long? It’s a dangerous job, have you ever been hurt protecting others?”

More
2 months 1 week ago #6120 by Honesty
The man looks over at you and is quiet for a while. "Going on 15 years now, and yes a time or two...this is Vegas after all." The man's attention shifts to the paper you're folding. "Do you have someone hear today young man?"

More
2 months 1 week ago #6121 by Derek Barefoot
Origami
Dex + craft 4,8,7,10,1

“ yes... yes sir I believe I do.” Reaching down and turning over his hand to place the paper in it, “ you protect people, watch over them, save them when you can... “
placing the paper softly in his hand revealing ( I hope ) a small figure with wings,
“ so do I “
When the man glances back up Connor will allow the nature in his eyes to be visible, a golden sheen before returning to blue.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds