Login

Friend or foe

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6536 by Honesty
Replied by Honesty on topic Friend or foe
Father Michael pauses for just a moment, as if pondering your conclusion. "No, I do not feel he thinks himself as the creator, no He has no delusion of design. He is more the weapon, only this time, spilling a little lambs blood will not save the believers. When his army begins the cull, we will keep our promise to take only those who are uncurbable. He will spare the infants and those select few I ask of him. In fact, if it pleases you, I could ask him to spare one city for last? Or, you could stand next to us, advise us of which host is truly savable and how to ensure they do not become afflicted?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6537 by Derek Barefoot
Replied by Derek Barefoot on topic Friend or foe
“ I’m not sure you would take my counsel as I seek to save them all. As for saving the children, what about the 24 sacrificed in the bus? The 3 who were dismembered for him? “ He can tell even saying this effects connor, his eyes welling up for a moment. “ who among you is fit to judge the mortals, they all have potential to grow, to change for the better. You kill them now and prevent this evolution either through personal alteration or the birth of a child they create. A child that grows to be a benifit to all humanity. “ Connor reaches over and gentle touches his arm. “ those who you deem incurable may produce the best of them, you must consider the longer ramifications of your path.”
Cha + empathy or expression?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6538 by Derek Barefoot
Ok DC -3

9,3,7,10….. 9

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6539 by Honesty
"Actually your counsel is coveted. As for the sacrifice, the creator is cruel and full of wrath, only he would have designed a need for such brutality in order to break free of our Eternal torment. I can assure you, no sacrifice has been in vain, and many were more than willing. Tell me, is this the first time you have inhabited the host?"

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6540 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will scratch his chin, “ yes,… yes I believe it is.” He sounds more convinced the second time saying it.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6541 by Honesty
Father Michael will nod in a knowing way. "It is not for us, sadly you will understand in time."

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6542 by Derek Barefoot
“ Micheal, you said earlier my love for the host is known but I’ve only been here for a little over a year. I like to think I’ve helped a lot of people but I only met you tonight. I know the homeless come to the church, have they been talking about me?”

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6543 by Honesty
Father Michael will smile genuinely, "I am sure they speak amongst themselves and whisper your name in prayers. While this may be your first... parole from the cage it is not the first time you have walked amongst the host. It does bring some element of hope to see how little his wrath has affected you, with any luck your mortal cage will not infect you as it has so many of our kind."

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6544 by Derek Barefoot
“ i don’t see the host as infecting. They emotions they experience are genuine and strong. Unlike us they live only a short span. That understanding results in some a more hardened connection to love. Also a desire to live to the fullest. This of course is realized at different levels depending on the host. But this helps me understand the emotions better.”

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6545 by Honesty
Father Michael chuckles dryly. "Perhaps you should spend some time in a confessional, the things they do to others, what they want done to themselves, the lack of concern they have even of the most devout. You will come to understand just how deep the sickness goes, from the moment we were thrust into the pit there has been no hope of curing them, it is why they must be culled, perhaps then there is a chance for this world to survive, whether we return to the shadows or remain to guide they next evolution is yet to be decided. But with one of your caliber with us there may be one small glimmer of hope to reset the host. But I truly doubt it."

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6546 by Derek Barefoot
[ this is the second time he has offered me a place with them. Is he going to make such an offer to the others? Is this his way of avoiding conflict with us? Does he just want to use my healing? ] “ You have extended me an invitation twice now, what is it you think I can bring to your coalition?”

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6547 by Honesty
"When you remember more you will understand how valuable your counsel is. Perhaps Egrith can assist you with that..."

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6548 by Derek Barefoot
Connors eyes widen at the mention of her name. “ Egrith died long ago. She died saving me.” His head lowers slightly

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6549 by Honesty
"Did she? I suppose it could be another tending to Yellow Stone, but I am quite certain it is her calming the volcano and tending to the vents, her eyes have always been unmistakable."

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #6550 by Derek Barefoot
Connors memories flash back to the cave, Egriths voice shouting RUN!!!
The sound of the cave in, he snaps back, shaking his head violently. “ that would be a welcome surprise” oh he says Softly.
“ I met someone recently who reminds me very much of her, the vampire of shadows. He must not have too many followers in this city if you are Allying yourself with them.”
Connor is attempting to change the subject before he becomes emotional

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds