Login

Making new friends

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6348 by Honesty
Replied by Honesty on topic Making new friends
The ghoul seems to ponder this for a moment. "I will do what ever is asked of me. My purpose is to serve and my service is to protect and die if need be."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6349 by Derek Barefoot
Replied by Derek Barefoot on topic Making new friends
Connor will nod his head, “ ok so you have a duty to serve the will of your master. I can somewhat understand that. I was given a duty by the creator to love and protect humanity. That helps explain you but why do your masters want to destroy all of creation?”

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6352 by Honesty
The ghoul will finish putting away the knife but does not move from the door. "It is not my place to question. They will not be available to answer that nature of questions for several more hours."

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6353 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will shrug his shoulders while rocking back and forth from the heel of his foot to the ball, “ I guess I could wait or come back later, which would be better?

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6354 by Honesty
The ghoul will twitch a grin. "Neither, they will not be pleased you managed to find us here. They will tear you apart if given the chance. What do you have to gain from learning their motives?"

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6355 by Derek Barefoot
“ this world was made by the creator and brought to life by the Elohim, we are charged with the maintaining and protection of it in all forms. For ones who live in it to want it destroyed seems counter to the motive of self preservation. I don’t understand that philosophy. I want to understand why they would chose that path. All those with the spark are special, you and your masters. “

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6356 by Honesty
"And what will you do when you don't like their answer?"

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6357 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will contemplate the question for several seconds, “ it’s not about what I think, it’s about understanding the decision. You were all given free will to forge your own path. I simply want to understand why they chose this one. Perhaps the catalyst for the decision can be addressed to avoid the outcome. My duty to protect humanity extends to protecting humanity from itself. Being influenced to act against your best interest. To welcome death, to throw away the gift of life is not something that comes easy, or atleast shouldn’t. “

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6358 by Honesty
The ghoul seems to think a moment. "Perhaps Mistress Eva will be willing to speak with you about such philosophy. But she'll probably just pull you back into the abyss..." He says the latter in a hushed speculative way. "Tell ya what, You go wait at the St. Aspen Library until 9pm. If she's willing to speak to you, she will meet you there. It's semi public so it's basically neutral ground."

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6359 by Derek Barefoot
As he finishes the comment about the abyss, a forceful gust of wind blows across the porch. Almost as an involuntary reaction, connor remains unfazed by the comment. Perhaps a subconscious action.
“ that sounds good, I will grab some dinner and meet her there. Thank you for all your help,” he holds out his hand to shake,” what was your name sir?”

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6360 by Honesty
The ghoul makes no move to shake your hand. "She calls me Ivan currently."

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6361 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will shake hands with the air in front of him, “ nice to meet you mr. Ivan, well thanks again, tell Mrs.Eva I’ll see her at the library,” with that Connor turns and heads down the steps, stopping at the sidewalk to turn and wave. Then down the road he goes.
Once a few blocks away he will call Rita and take her to get some dinner. Then have her drop him off at the library. There he will read up on the library’s section on angels.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6362 by Honesty
The library sports a lengthy section on "fallen Angels", and none of the text seems to agree on how they look, what they can do, or why the mortals are so infatuated with them. There is one book in the reference section that talks about the biblical stories on Angels and the theoretical posits that there are many types of Angels who once walked the earth.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6363 by Derek Barefoot
Interesting, Connor will make note of that author, doing a google search and social media dive. See where he teaches or lives. Maybe go visit him.
He will read and research until 9pm.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #6364 by Honesty
At 9pm nearly all of the library visitors have left. The librarian has passed by you twice now watching you, as if you might be up to some sort of trouble, but makes no effort to approach you about it. When the hour strikes, you sense the darkening of the lights and the unpleasant creep of the abyssal shadows. The librarian scurries away to the archives muttering to herself about the sudden chill. A few moments pass and the main doors open and the woman from the other night enters. She does not bother to look around, instead she walks straight to the chair next to you. She hesitates a moment and then sits down.
"I am told you have more questions."

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds