Login

Bad dreams

More
1 month 3 days ago #6181 by Derek Barefoot
Bad dreams was created by Derek Barefoot
Connor is quiet the entire ride home. Thanking Rita for the ride he exits the cab and heads to the house. His mother greets him as he enters the house. M ," late night tonight young man ?" Her expression changes as she sees his eyes, red from crying. 
M , " Connor what's wrong," the concern in her voice is obvious, as she embraces him. 
connor hugs her tightly, " I'm ok, just had a tough night, I know I can't save everyone but knowing it and understanding it are different.  I'm going to get a shower and lay down we will be ok." He embraces her again , " I love you mom ." 
she smiles and stand there until he disappears upstairs. Connor showers and gets in his bed, continuing to no struggle with what he's seen. As he falls into sleep it does not get better.  ( Flaw , nightmares ) as he begins to get flashes of his past.... 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago #6182 by Honesty
Replied by Honesty on topic Bad dreams
You find yourself in the catacombs, you've been tending to the more severely injured Hosts while some of your followers aid others. A loud pounding sounds above you and small bits of earth begin falling around you. One of the other angels in the legion extends their hand up, focusing intently as the stone knits back together protecting you all. Screams breakout all around you as a great beast tramples down the narrow staircase and begins rending through the host to get to you. Your friend, the one who stabilized the earth throws herself in between you. "Egrith!!"

Connor wakes, drenched in sweat. The dream begins to fade quickly.

More
1 month 2 days ago #6183 by Derek Barefoot
Replied by Derek Barefoot on topic Bad dreams
Panting and grabbing at the covers, Connor colapses back onto his pillow. Dim light shining in from the window, lying still he stares at the ceiling softly as a whisper, “ Egrith “.
Motionless he lays there until he falls back asleep

More
1 month 2 days ago #6184 by Derek Barefoot
The sunlight shines through the window rousing the sleepy Connor as he stretches. Flinging off the covers he feels energetic this morning, after making his bed he makes his way to the bathroom, fills up his tooth brush and gets to work. When finished he will wash his face and put the brush back in the cabinet. As the door closes he recoils in horror at the sight of the 3 burned children standing behind him, “ Why didn’t you save us? “ one says in a raspy broken voice. Connor yells, “ ahh I’m sorry I’m sorry” as he wakes still in his bed, “ I’m sorry I’m sorry “ the same sunlight beaming in the window. He buries his face into the pillow, the echos of Micheals works, the curse on his house whispering in his ear.
It takes him a while but he manages to get himself together and get ready for the day.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #6193 by Derek Barefoot
When leaving the house Connor will have Rita drop him off at a local park, one close to a preschool or elementary school. He will find himself a bench, wiping off the leaves he will sit down and take out an egg sandwich.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #6195 by Honesty
Most of the children are already here today, but you feel as though there are an oddly high number of children being dropped off today and parents seem to take twice as long to say good bye to their sweet little angels. The children rush inside the school and parents slowly drive away, some dutiful soccer moms will take an extra pass down the road as if they are afraid something might have happened in the last few seconds. Shortly the line fade and the bell rings signally the beginning of classes. 5 minutes later the first PE class comes out to the playground and children begin playing, not a care in the world.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #6198 by Derek Barefoot
They have reason to be worried, he thought. Connor closes his eyes and listens. The sound of children laughing and playing is therapeutic. After a moment he opens his eyes and spends the next couple hours just watching and enjoying the unfiltered joy children poses. He will eventually walk over to the fence. ( not sure the type, high / low but I’m sure one is there )

More
4 weeks 14 hours ago #6200 by Honesty
Chain link about 8 feet, moderate repair.

Some of the children near the fence will smile and wave then continue their games.

More
4 weeks 2 hours ago - 4 weeks 10 minutes ago #6203 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will waive back and smile.
After a few minutes he will collect his things to leave.
He will call Rita and get a ride to the church where he attends mass. But after getting out and walking all the way up the steps he stops, he turns to face the street. 
( the people out here need my help more today ) 
he walks down the stairs and down the street. 
Last edit: 4 weeks 10 minutes ago by Derek Barefoot.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #6204 by Honesty
The streets are rather quiet and subdued today. You can feel the apathy in the air around you. People seem to be caught in their own little worlds, a few joggers, a couple dog walkers, the usual homeless meandering along picking up cans. The sun seems to wash out all the color and makes it feel hotter than it is. A motor cycle speeds by, the driver covered head to toe in leather and generally unidentifiable.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #6206 by Derek Barefoot
He glances back as the motorcycle goes by wow, ( well that’s odd it’s pretty hot for all that leather ) Connor thinks to himself as the motorcycle speeds by.
He waves and smiles at those as he passes. “ hello, how are you ?”
“ hello ma’am hope you have a great day.”
Etc....

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds