Login

Beacon of hope , the hospital visit

More
1 month 5 days ago #6152 by Derek Barefoot
The uncomfortable feeling lingers as he slowly creeps toward the bed. Taking a moment to look at Isaiahs chart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #6153 by Honesty
Isaiah's chart says he has burns to 75% of his body. His vitals are low. He has moderate brain activity but was put into a coma to manage the pain. The internal organs are marked as viable for donation and the tag shows his parent's signature releasing them once he is gone.

More
1 month 5 days ago #6154 by Derek Barefoot
Hanging it back, taking the Donnie paper, Connor lifts a chair and places it by the bed. Sitting down he begins to fold the donor paper.
“ hello Isiah I’m Connor.” He whispers in a soft tone. “ your sleeping now but If it’s ok I wanted to talk to you.”
“ your parents are very worried about you, I meet them earlier.” I know you you must be scared. But I want you to know it’s ok, you are not alone, “ Stopping momentarily to wipe away a tear. “ The other side is beautiful and full of love. The creator has made a heaven so spectacular so joyful, and you will be happy there. But what about all the good you can do here the people you can help. You are special Issaih and your journey is not yet finished here. Your parents are not the only ones who love you.” Leaning closer or whisper on his ear, “ Usiel loves you too. “
Reaching down to softly touch his arm,
3,9,3,10 ,5
Healing.

More
1 month 5 days ago #6155 by Honesty
Almost instantly you can hear the monitor pick up it's pace from 37 beats per minute to 54. The weakness in the boy's chest seems to fade and the ventilator doesn't seem to be pushing air quite as hard.

((It does not state you need to spend a faith point, you only need to have faith in your pool. You can use the ability again if you wish. Mechanics wise the boy is not 'crippled'))

More
1 month 5 days ago #6156 by Derek Barefoot
“ you have much to do, and a full life ahead “

More
1 month 5 days ago #6157 by Honesty
The machines will begin to beep almost furiously as the boy's heart rate increases to 87

Stamina Roll: 10, 2

Isaiah's eyes begin to flutter awake and the undamaged skin you can see takes on a healthier hue. You are confident that he will not be donating today, baring nefarious acts of another.

More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #6158 by Derek Barefoot
Trying to hide his joy Connor signs and smiles. ,” you’re going to be alright buddy.” Standing up he begins to collect his things.
sliding out past the nurse back down to the chappel. 
Dex stealth 7,2,1,8,6
Last edit: 1 month 5 days ago by Derek Barefoot.

More
1 month 5 days ago #6159 by Honesty
You find it much easier to escape the nurse than before. The chapel is a little emptier now, the officer has left as well as someone else who was here for an older family member. Isaiah's parents seem unmoved, as if they are still processing their situation and decisions.

More
1 month 5 days ago #6160 by Derek Barefoot
Connor eases in closing the door quietly behind him. Moving down the pews sliding in with the parents. “ hello again. I wanted to see how you are holding up.?”

More
1 month 5 days ago #6161 by Honesty
The mother looks over to you, it's a bit forward of her but she patts your knee twice with her fingertips...memory takes over... your back in the cancer ward, you've just had your 3rd round of chemo and it's taken a lot out of you. Your mother gently rubs your leg just below your knee and asks if she can get you some water, you smile weakly and tell her no...the woman has been talking for a moment.
"...heart, it's just breaking. But thank you for sitting with us again, we will get through this."
The man next to her seems to be swallowing his pain, trying hard not to show how much he is feeling.

More
1 month 5 days ago #6162 by Derek Barefoot
Connor lost for a moment regains his bearings. “ you know I was in a hospital like this once. For quite a while, I had cancer, it was pretty bad. My mom and dad prayed for me a lot, every day. They never lost hope.
And in the darkest times,” Connor looking down smiles, thoughts of the moment he was healed rush in and he has trouble finishing as emotions get the better of him, stuttering, “ an angel saved me, so don’t give up, never give up. Your faith will be rewarded.” He hands her the paper micha angel he made out of Isiahs donor waiver. “ The Ángels heard your prayers, now go see Your son. “ as he motions toward the door.

More
1 month 5 days ago #6163 by Honesty
The woman accepts the gift a bit confused. "Thank you young man, you're right we should go be with him." The couple takes a deep breath and slow stand. They take a moment to give you a look of thanks before dropping their gaze and leaving the small chapel.

More
1 month 5 days ago #6171 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will smile and nod as they leave. Slipping out of the pew he turns to leave then pauses. Standing there a moment he turns hands folded be makes his way to the front. Kneeling at the alter. “ Hello, thank you for bringing me here today, thank you for allowing me to help Isaiah. I met other like me yesterday, well maybe not exactly like me... one of them had a dog. That was fun, one guy has only got 1 arm. He seems very sad, I hope I get the chance to help him. Their were 2 ladies, one was very tough sounding and the other was very pretty. I’m suppose to see them again Friday. Please help me to be a good example. “ Connor will make the symbol of the cross and stand, more of a reflex movement for Connor from church. Turning to leave he will nod at those who glance up at him.
Exiting the building he will make the 10 block walk to the homeless shelter. Once there he will apologize for being late and begin whatever task they need him to do.
The remaining 2 days before the meeting will be pretty routine. Church, volunteering, etc... he will watch the news as suggested to see the outcome of the bus accident and any news on Isiah.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds