Login

Beacon of hope , the hospital visit

More
1 month 1 week ago #6123 by Honesty
The man looks at the folded paper for a moment then up at you. He leans back, sliding an inch or two away as his mouth opens. He quickly collects himself and covers the movement with a cough and shakes his head slightly. "Sorry... " *Clears his throat, "I...what sort of things do you try to do?"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6124 by Derek Barefoot
Connor glances around the room then back to the man, “ I help people, like them. I didn’t know why I was in the hospital today until I came in this room.”
Turning to the man shifting to face him.
“ but now I know and I need your help.”

More
1 month 1 week ago #6125 by Honesty
The man seems to instantly settle down. "My help? has someone tried to hurt you?"

More
1 month 1 week ago #6126 by Derek Barefoot
Connor rubs his chin in thought, “ hmm, no, not really. Occasionally one of the homeless people I give food to will get a little wild but never toward me. “ no one has ever asked him this. “ no sir, I don’t think so.” ( to ponder later )
“ I am not familiar with this hospital and I’m sure as a police officer you would be allowed most places. I want to go where the kids from the wreck are, no wait I need to go there.”

More
1 month 1 week ago #6127 by Honesty
The man has a slight look of confusion on his face for a moment while you ponder but it clears to a firm one at your request. "I'm sorry young man but you can't just wonder through the hospital, especially the trauma ward. And trust me, there are some things you simply don't need to see."

More
1 month 1 week ago #6128 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will nod, “ you must have seen a lot of bad things over the years? But you stay, you haven’t given up. Why?”

More
1 month 1 week ago #6130 by Honesty
The man chuckles a bit. "I pray.. then I go for a walk through Naked City..." He pauses and shakes his head for a minute. "Not once have I been able to walk that beat and look the other way...the day I do is the day I resign..."

More
1 month 1 week ago #6131 by Derek Barefoot
Conor listens as a small child Would to his grandfather, with complete focus undistracted. “ Sir, are you going to be here for a little while longer? I have to go make a short visit , but I want to hear more about you. “ a large smile painted on his face.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6134 by Honesty
The man will smile a bit. "I'm afraid I have to get back to the station soon to do some paperwork...but how about I give you my card, if you ever need some help you can call." He slips the little origami angel into the pocket of his uniform under the coat and pulls out a general business card that has his name and phone number on it.

Consultant
Todd Daily
xxx-xxx-xxxx

He offers you the card and a hand shake, "What's your name, so I remember you when you call?"

More
1 month 1 week ago #6136 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will take the card and put it in the front pocket of his backpack. Standing up he will shake his hand, “ Connor sir Connor Mitchell. And I will make sure to watch the news, maybe next time we will have something good to talk about.” Connor will exit the chapel, “ be safe Mr.Daily .”
He says as he walks out.

Now, to look for any signage for the trauma ward.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6137 by Honesty
Memories of a life time in a hospital flood through your mind, trauma units tend to be on the first floor, quickest access to the ambulance bay. The problem is getting past the doors from the ER, and today the ER is packed with people. Several parents with toddlers are in various areas with coughing, runny noses, and cries for no apparent reason. Chairs closer to the windows have older people most of them quiet but some making various grunting and whimpering sounds. Most of the people though seem angry, agitated, or anxious, most of which are late 20's and mid 30's, watching their phones or trying to get the attention of the admittance cleric or lurking by the small window to the trauma bay. While you watch, the doors to the ambulance bay open and 2 paramedics rush through with a nurse doing chest compressions over the top of the gurney. The crowd of parents at least have the good sense to back up as they watch in horror and fear. The double doors open and close rather quickly behind the team.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6142 by Derek Barefoot
Looking around a flood of emotions rush over him. He can tell Connor is nervous, and uncomfortable. The trauma of his time in sickness is still fresh in his mind. Seeing a bathroom he makes his way over, running cold water he splashed his face to help focus. “ Your ok, I’m with you. I will not leave you Connor.” He stares into the mirror.
A smile creeps back in place, “ your right Connor, we can help him.”
Taking a breath Connor will focus on Isiah , the boy who’s parents are in the chapel. First to find him.
Locate the faithful
Perc + aware 4.9,3,2
Based on name only DC is 8

More
1 month 6 days ago #6144 by Honesty
Isaiah is on another floor, he's fairly close.

Finding your way to the upper floor is simple enough, most of the staff don't stand in your way as you walk with intention. As you turn the last corner you realize why he is in such bad shape. Isaiah is in the burn ward, the pain coming from this room is nearly palpable. It is also quite lonely, there is a nurse just outside, and one of the medical assistance is just leaving, she seems to collect herself just outside the door before nodding to the nurse.

More
1 month 6 days ago #6149 by Derek Barefoot
Connor will take a deep breath and make his way to the room.
Dex / stealth 3,8,4,6,2

More
1 month 5 days ago #6151 by Honesty
You feel a sense of panic for just a moment... the remnants of Connor's memory as a small child sneaking into the kitchen for a treat he wasn't suppose to have. The nurse continues to shift in her chair looks away to the TV down the hall, shakes her head and looks back to her desk. You slip the rest of the way through the door into the ward.

The smell of gauze and ointment is pungent, nothing like the sterile and cold smell in the cancer ward at Sunrise Hospital. Some of the children down the isle moan behind their privacy curtains, clearly they are new arrivals. You can sense Isaiah is in the second bed, his curtain is closed and the soft beep from his machine seems slower than it should.

((If you go behind this curtain))
A young boy of about 8 is laying on the bed. His eyes are closed and he has a ventilator attached to the tube coming from his throat. Most of his body is draped in bandages. Even with the machine doing all the work you can sense he is weak. The clip board at the end of the bed has an organ donor slip attached to it.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds